the cutest blog on the block

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Heat

California summers are only any good if one is at the beach, having bypassed the blazing hot sand and poky things inside said sand (who leaves their plastic forks on the beach??!! Haven't you heard of littering, people!) and enjoying the cooling ocean breeze.

Otherwise, they kind of suck eggs, pardon my French. Especially if your house DOESN'T HAVE ANY AIR-CONDITIONING.

Am I whining? Maybe a little. I'm too hot to feel that bad about it. But, besides the heat slowly killing us all, there's not much room to complain. Today, there was a wedding and babies (though the people getting married did not have babies--yet), in that order. (I babysit for a couple from my church and the couple getting married was a friend of Aaron's from high school.) So it wasn't a bad day, by any means. Then there's Fourth of July on Monday and then a family trip to Yosemite on Tuesday! So we've got that to look forward to.

Other than that, there isn't much to say, sadly. Halcyon House is plodding along, and will hopefully see some real progress over the next few weeks. On a housekeeping note, I kind of changed the title to The Summer of Halcyon House, but I'm still calling it Halcyon House out of habit. I think I like the added The Summer of just a little bit better. To me, it seems to describe what goes in the story so much better. Also, it's my take on the oldest story in the book--going away somewhere new for the summer and coming back completely changed...with a romance thrown in along the way. Hey, did you see "This One's for the Girl's" entry? To me, that's the fun part!

Over & Out, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment